ATTENTION: This job expired May. 9, 2014 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Alpha Genesis, Inc.
AGI is a leading provider of primate products and primate research services located in South Carolina. AGI is currently recruiting for a highly qualified Primate Veterinarian.
This position will examine, diagnose and treat laboratory animals intended for research studies and ensure compliance with regulations governing the humane and ethical treatment of laboratory animals. This position will work independently and may lead a small team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians.
Key responsibilities of this position will include:
• Maintaining the overall health of research animals while maintaining compliance with USDA, AWA and local regulations.
• Assist in the design and implementation of the preventative medicine program.
• Provide training and staff oversight of technical procedures.
• Develop, review, revise and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
• Participate in the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee.
• Participate as a key leader in further developing the AGI breeding program.
To learn more about AGI, visit our web site at: www.alphagenesisinc.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
• DVM or VMD degree
• License to practice veterinary medicine in South Carolina or eligible to obtain a license
• Minimum of 2+ years experience with non-human primates
• Post-doc residency in lab animal/comparative medicine or other specialty training highly desirable
AGI offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package along with a dynamic, team-oriented and professional work environment. To be considered, please send resume to: email@example.com
95 Castle Hall Road
Yemassee, SC 29945
843-589-5190, ext 26
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at