ATTENTION: This job expired Aug. 6, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Alpha Genesis, Inc.
Alpha Genesis, Inc. (AGI) is an AAALAC accredited breeding and research facility. AGI maintains two facilities in South Carolina including more than 6,000 primates. A Laboratory Technician is needed for our main facility at Yemassee, South Carolina. Specific duties will include manual and automated blood testing and microscopic examination and identification of parasites. Individual will work alongside the Lab Manager, clinical veterinarians, and veterinary technicians to assist in providing oversight and leadership for veterinary and research personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, or related field
- Experience in clinical pathology, hematology, and clinical chemistries
- Experience in bacteriological and parasitological testing
- Experience in function and operation of lab equipment
- LATg certification preferred, must obtain in a reasonable amount of time
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills (Access, Word, Excel
$27,000 - $35,000 depending on experience
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Term of Appointment:
Permanent Full-time position
95 Castle Hall Road. P.O. Box 557
Yemassee, SC 29945
843-589-5190 ext 26
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at