ATTENTION: This job expired Apr. 16, 2014 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Clinical Veterinary Technician 2
Oregon National Primate Research Center
The Clinical Veterinary Technician 2 assists in providing clinical care, nursing support and husbandry for a variety of laboratory research animals.
Rounds/Triage, Nursing and Critical care, Therapeutics, and Observation and Records- see further details online.
• State certification through the Veterinary Medical Examining Board as a Veterinary Technician AND Certification by the American Association for Lab Animal Science at the Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) level within one year of employment. A valid Driver's License and the ability to drive DAR/ONPRC vehicles on and off campus.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 3 years experience caring for animals in a veterinary hospital/lab animal facility, including 2 years in a clinical position.
• Demonstrated independence competence in the medical management of common nonhuman primate illness (wound mgmt, IVF therapy, etc); demonstrated experience operating a variety of equipment used in clinical practice including, but not limited to gas anesthetic machines, ventilators, pulse ox and CO2 monitors, IV fluid pumps; veterinary nursing skills for intensive care patients; excellent eye-hand coordination; ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; ability to interact in a positive, productive manner with veterinary, scientific, and technical staff; work efficiently and skillfully, with a variety of diverse staff and in difficult and stressful situations; intermediate level skills in Word and Excel; ability to prioritize work demands, and coordinate departmental services to all users; ability to interpret complex clinical/animal care procedures, and participate in the development of written guidelines and policies.
• Experience in the health care of experimental animals in a research setting.
• BS in Animal Sciences, biology, or related field
Salary range $16.77-22.67/hr
Term of Appointment:
Work Schedule- Full Time, 7:30am - 4:00pm includes one weekend day
open until filled
Please apply online, www.ohsu.edu, IRC40170. Be sure to upload a current cover letter and resume. OHSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that encourages diverse applicants to consider this opportunity.
505 NW 185th Ave
Beaverton, OR 97006
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at