Capuchin Monkey Handler/ Care Giver
Senda Verde Animal Refuge
- Feeding and Cleaning enclosures and feeding platforms.
- Working with the animals three to five times a day or more, ensuring their needs are provided for.
- Monitoring animals eating habits to ensure proper diet and portions.
- Observing and documenting their behavior.
- Assisting Vet staff.
- Improving existing facilities and help build additional facilities, for the new animal arrivals. This task involves building cages and enclosures. Lately we have received more animals, so more construction and landscaping has been required.
- Preparing the Quarantine Area for newly admitted animals.
- Cleaning and organizing the Animal Clinic and Food Preparation Room.
- Helping with the day to day functions of the refuge eg: Fruit deliveries for the animals.
- Volunteers need to be hardworking, trustworthy, with a genuine affection, care and love for the animals.
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Motivation and enthusiasm are essential.
- We always need Vets, Vet Nurses, Zootechnical, or Animal Trainers that are willing to spend some time with us.
-Previous experience with handling animals is not essential but always helps.
The cost for volunteering at La Senda Verde (for year 2013):
Week 1 - 1190 BOB (aprox 170 USD )
Week 2 - 1190 BOB
Week 3 - 1050 BOB (aprox 150 USD)
Week 4 - 1050 BOB
Week 5 - and afterwards 840 BOB (aprox 120 USD)
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Senda Verde Provides
- Shared Accommodation in the Volunteers quarters.
- Hot showers
- Work shirt
- Laundry Facilities
Note that each week we put Bs. 490 of what you have paid towards your 3 meals per day, and the remainder goes completely towards the animals.
Term of Appointment:
Minimum 28 days devotion to the Capuchin Monkey volunteer program
Please see web site for further detailed information on Volunteering at Senda Verde Animal Refuge, Bolivia
Los Yungas, none
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at