ATTENTION: This job expired Jul. 11, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
The work and ideals of AAP is to improve, in a professional manner, the welfare of abused or neglected primates and small- to medium-sized exotic mammals from all over Europe. This is achieved by providing shelter to animals from the illegal trade, circuses, animal-testing laboratories or private individuals. For most animals we find suitable homes worldwide in reserves, zoos or in our own permanent shelter in the south of Spain.
AAP is also actively and strategically involved in animal welfare issues by influencing both Dutch and European policy- and decision-makers in this field and working together with professional groups at home and abroad. Furthermore, AAP is an international authoritative knowledge centre.
We employ about 70 paid staff and more than 100 volunteers. AAP is situated in the middle of a green area near Almere. There is nowhere else you would directly see the result of your efforts – each animal taken into our care makes a recovery. AAP distinguishes itself by having an enormous passion and a professional, open culture. Our core values, accessibility, dedication and inventiveness form important guidelines.
In this remarkably fascinating position, you are responsible for the organization of this unique department. You will be working directly with and for the animals, but you will mainly be responsible for managing and inspiring a team of 4-6 experienced animal caretakers. You will be working together with an assistant teamleader and a team of behavioral and veterinary specialists.
- Affinity for the goals and work area of AAP
- At least a Vocational Education Animal care (??)
- You can work and think at MBO+level
- You have at least 4 years of relevant working experience
- You have at least one year experience in primate husbandry
- You have ample experience in managing people.
- You have excellent coaching skills and you are a natural born leader
- You have strong communication skills and you are persuasive
- You are enthusiastic and innovative.
- You are immune to stress, are diplomatic and capable of motivating people
- You are capable of working and managing your team according to strict protocols
- You are flexible, professional, organized and practical
- You are willing to work during weekends
- You are willing and capable of doing physically demanding work.
- Your Dutch and English oral and written skills are excellent.
- You are capable of working with the relevant computer programs (ZIMS, Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
We offer a job with a large amount of personal responsibility in an open, international, professional organization . Your starting salary depends on your relevant working experience and will be between € 1.841 and € 2.293 (brut, based on 36 hours ), with the possibility of annual growth.
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Lodging is possible,Lunch is free and we have travelling expenses
24 june 2013
Almere 1305 AH
0031 36 5238787
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at