ATTENTION: This job expired May. 12, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Research Support Environmental Enrichment Technician 1
SNBL USA, Ltd.
Position Title: Research Support Environmental Enrichment Technician 1 (RSEET1)
Department: Scientific Resource Center- Veterinary Services
Reports to: Behaviorist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Alice, TX
Implements and improves environmental enhancement plan for all nonhuman primates located at SNBL USA SRC by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Documents compliance with environmental enhancement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
2. Prepares, distributes, and maintains all enrichment items for all animals housed at SNBL USA SRC.
3. Assists with animal socializations (i.e. pairs or groups), and completes related documentation.
4. Assists with colony data (paper and electronic) as per USDA requirements and SNBL USA SRC policies.
5. Performs behavioral observations/assessments, both of individual animals and groups, when necessary and/or requested.
6. Provides behavioral treatments to animals that are on Behavioral Holds due to any abnormal behaviors exhibited.
7. Provides operant conditioning training to animals when necessary and/or requested.
8. Assists with developing, reviewing and revising environmental enhancement SOPs and forms.
9. Assists with developing and evaluating new enrichment items or methods for implementation at SNBL USA SRC.
OTHER WORK ACTIVITIES: Assigned on a periodic basis.
1. Assists with training new Environmental Enrichment Associates
2. Assists Research Support Technicians in animal colony activities.
• High School Diploma or GED is required. Previous experience with nonhuman primates is preferred. Previous experience working in animal research is preferred.
• The language skills required include, but are not limited to: the ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software manuals, study documents, and procedure manuals; the ability to write in English routine paperwork, reports, and correspondence; and the ability to speak in English effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• The math skills required include, but are not limited to: a working knowledge of basic math skills.
• Additional skills required include, but are not limited to: the ability to lift up to 50lbs, the ability to safely use knives and other chopping equipment for produce, and the ability to work independently and with groups.
• The reasoning abilities required include, but are not limited to: the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables; the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; and the ability to demonstrate attention to detail, especially when concerned with behavioral observations.
• Training needs for this position may include general understanding of nonhuman primate behavior, understanding of operant conditioning techniques, general understanding of environmental enrichment, understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), understanding of the Guide and the Animal Welfare Act.
• No certificates, licenses or registration required, but AALAS ALAT or LAT certification is preferred.
• Normal office setting; the noise level in the work environment is generally moderate. The employee may be exposed to bio-hazardous materials.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about SNBL USA, Ltd. please visit our website at www.snblusa.com. SNBL USA, Ltd. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including company paid health, dental, vision, pharmaceutical, life, and disability insurances, company 401(k), Section 125, and a generous PTO package.
Term of Appointment:
6605 Merrill Creek Parkway
Everett, WA 98203
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at