ATTENTION: This job expired May. 8, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Biology, Ecology, Primatology, Species Conservation Reintroduction
I'd like to work as a research assistant, project manager, or as a field coordinator or projects in the fields of biology, environment, ecology, primatology, conservation of species, conservation of biodiversity, etc.
I'm really interested in projects to protect species and their reintroduction. I like working in the field within a team.
Even though I live in Belgium, I am interested in working abroad for missions of several months to one year on the field in Africa, Europe, South America, and North America.
I speak French (mother tongue), English, and Spanish. I can quickly adapt myself to living conditions and climate disruptions. I am very motivated, friendly and I like learning.
- 2011-2012 : Master in Management, LSM-Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL, Belgium). Master thesis : Biodiversity conservation and monetarisation within firms, study case : GlaxoSmithKline and its Réseau Nature grounds.
- 2009-2011 : Master in Organism Biology and Ecology , Ecole de Biologie, UCL Belgium. Master thesis : Habitat quality in anthropics environments : the nutritive resources importance for a migratory passerine bird, Lanius collurio.
- 2010 : Biotechnician certificate in laboratory animals sciences, FUNDP (Belgium)
- 2005-2009 : Bachelor in Biological Sciences, UCL
- Feb-June 2011 : Research internship, Proyecto Primates Ecuador (4 months)PUYO, ECUADOR
Subject: Behavior study of a Lagothrix lagotricha group in semi-wild
Adapting to lifestyles and field experiences.
Decision making and implementation of the research protocol based lifestyle primates in semi-wild. Implementation of a behavioral study.
- July 2010 : Ornithology internship (during the master thesis, 2 weeks) MICHAMPS, BELGIUM
Lanius collurio recognition, search for nests, individuals catches, measures and ringing. Identification and morphometry of arthropods consumed by L.collurio.
- May 2010 :Terrestrial ecology internship (1 week)BRÉSIMO, ITALY
Teamwork, development of a protocol, butterflies catches and measures at different altitudes.
- October 2009 : Fresh water ecology internship (1 wwek) JURA, FRANCE
Teamwork, development of a protocol in the field of ichthyology
- July 2008 : Professional immersion internship in a turtle center, "A Cupulatta la Cité des Tortues" CORSE, FRANCE (2 weeks)
Feeding, maintaining farming conditions, to ensure the growth, well-being and health of individuals.
- April 2008 : Marine Biology internship (1 week)WIMMEREUX, FRANCE
Teamwork, various measures of predator-prey relationships
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Ray Hamel at
email@example.com or (608) 263-3512.