ATTENTION: This job expired Mar. 8, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Administrative Assistant Volunteer
An ideal position for someone wanting to gain insight within the charity sector especially related to international development or conservation.
We are a registered UK charity working in southeast Madagascar through our sister NGO, Azafady Madagascar. With four full-time staff members in the London office, we depend on voluntary support to keep our operations going. On the ground in Madagascar, our projects focus on environmental and health education, alternative livelihood strategies, conservation research, reforestation and the development of health infrastructure.
We are looking for a general Administrative Assistant to assist us in the London office and to provide support to the Managing Director and the International Volunteer Coordinator primarily with the administration of our volunteer programs in Madagascar. This position can also be taken as an internship.
The applicant will need to be a driven self-starter with an enthusiastic and positive attitude and preferably an interest in international development or environmental conservation. Good writing skills, the ability to pay attention to detail and computer literacy are essential. Experience in marketing, communications and general administration is advantageous.
The volunteer must be able to offer at least one day a week for a minimum of 3 months, preferably more. For internships we tend to require a commitment of at least 2 full days a week. Unfortunately Azafady is unable to cover costs although we are happy to write references for any volunteer who completes a successful placement with us.
This is an ideal position for someone wanting to gain insight within the charity sector especially related to international development or conservation. You will benefit from the range of experiences and varied workload you will receive as part of this small charity.
Contract type: Voluntary, unsalaried, no expenses
Contract duration: Minimum of 3 months part-time (preferably more)
Location: Azafady Ltd, London, UK
Reporting to: International Volunteer Coordinator and Managing Director UK
Application procedure: Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email.
Phone: +44 (0)20 8960 6629
The volunteer/intern will assist in the following areas of work depending on where support is needed most at the time:
• General administration & daily duties in the running of the charity, including processing donations, financial reporting, and external and internal communications
• Supporting the International Volunteer Coordinator in the running of the charity’s volunteering programs, which will include maintaining volunteer databases, correspondence with volunteers and creative evaluation of materials and resources given to volunteers
• Expanding and maintaining the marketing of the volunteering programs through researching new avenues for marketing, correspondence with partner organizations, and maintaining contact databases.
• Assisting the Project Development & Fundraising team by project-based and donor-related research, investigating new avenues for fundraising, and communications with project staff in Madagascar.
• Specific projects in relation to individual volunteers' skills and experience: depending on language skills, technical ability or background experience, volunteers may be given a project such as assessing the charity’s presence in a particular country, creating marketing
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Studio 7, 1a Beethoven Street
London W10 4LG
+ 44 (0) 20 8960 6629
+ 44 (0) 20 8962 0126
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Ray Hamel at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 263-3512.