ATTENTION: This job expired Jan. 26, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
SNBL USA, Ltd.
The Clinical Veterinarian will examine, diagnose and treat laboratory animals at SNBL USA SRC (Alice, TX), to ensure the health of animals used in scientific research, comply with regulations governing their humane and ethical treatment , and competently perform all tasks relating to caring for animals in a clinical setting.
Provide routine and/or specialized veterinary medical, dental, imaging, and surgical services for nonhuman primates (NHPs) on site
Provide professional leadership in the care and resolution of complex medical cases
Assist in maintaining compliance with Federal regulations governing the humane care and use of laboratory animals
Assist in the development, review, revision and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relating to animal issues
Assist the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee, with responsibilities including; reviewing protocols, animal colony issues, management issues and consultations
Perform clerical/administrative duties with respect to medical records, reports, examination sheets, forms readied for use for recording procedures, etc.
Ensure preventive health program execution, domestic isolation programs, colony/stock animals health/medical care
Build business experience in laboratory animal science through client interaction and sales
1. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
2. 2+ years experience in Laboratory Animal Medicine, including experience with NHPs
3. A State License in Veterinary Medicine is required/a willingness to become licensed in Texas
4. Ability to utilize appropriate mathematical concepts for interpreting scientific studies, dose calculations, conversions, dilutions and related skills
5. Skills to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions; the ability to write routine reports and correspondence; and the ability to speak effectively with clients and staff
6605 Merrill Creek Parkway
Everett, WA 98203
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at