ATTENTION: This job expired Jan. 17, 2014 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
PA to Sue Mousley
International Primate Rescue
Your working hours are from 8am to 5pm, with two hours off for lunch from 12 midday to 2pm. However, when the sanctuary is under pressure (for example a rescue in progress) you may be asked to work outside these times in exchange for time off during your normal working hours). You will have two days off a week
Your duties are as follows:
• General correspondence and office duties
• Answering the sanctuary phone
• Answering daily e-mail enquiries
• Answering emails on behalf of Sue Mousley
• Invoices and budgeting
• Monitoring and ordering stock
• Prepare the rota for all volunteers on a weekly basis
• Preparing paperwork for veterinary visits
• Rescue operations – organise transport and permits
• Primate record update.
Volunteer Coordination duties
• Updating a weekly airport transfer list for all volunteers
• Liaising with volunteer agencies
• Updating monthly volunteer contact details
• Volunteer welcome and liaison – task to include but are not exclusive
o Prepare for volunteer arrivals (arrange for the bed to be made, plus welcome package)
o Show around (on arrival of a new volunteer, to introduce him/her to the primates, explain procedures etc)
o Supervising short term volunteers and day volunteers including holding weekly meetings with the volunteers on a rota basis.
• Creating references for past volunteers
• Accepting and short listing long term volunteer CVs
• All long term volunteers are required to do morning feeds and evening wash up (on a rota basis)
• From time to time, when the sanctuary is under pressure (new arrivals etc.), you may be asked to do other duties if it does not interfere with the duties outlined above
• A valid Driving Licence is necessary as there may be a number of driving trips as part of the role.
The successful applicant will be;
Work well under pressure
Have some previous admin experience
*Must hold a Full driving licence*
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
1000 rand per month food allowance after successful completion of a 1 month probation. Lodgings are provided as well as transfer from the airport.
Term of Appointment:
One year minimum - one month probationary period
Start dates 2015
Plot 20, Boundary Road
Kromdraai PO BOX 0120
+2779 479 3712
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at