Qualified Veterinarian / Veterinary Nurse
International Primate Rescue
Position: Volunteer Veterinarian / Veterinary nurse starting date January 2016
• Daily health checks and monitoring of all primates.
• Management of any health issues (medications, additional feeding etc).
• Microscope – Must be fully competent in performing routine fecal exams, and knowledgeable in all aspects of veterinary parasitology.
• Observations, if necessary.
• Record keeping and research.
• Accompany primates to the vet.
• Vaccinations & de-worming and weighing of all primates .
• All long term volunteers are required to do morning feeds and bowl collection on a rota basis.
• From time to time, when the sanctuary is under pressure (new arrivals etc), you may be asked to do other duties if it does not interfere with the duties outlined above.
• When necessary, with sick monkeys, rescues or hand rearing, you may be asked to work additional hours.
• Minimum age of 23 is desirable dependent on experience.
• Copies of veterinary qualification certificates will be requested.
All applicants are required to have a qualification in Veterinarian / Veterinary Nursing and must be able to provide at least two references, along with a copy of their academic certificate.
Our Veterinary Nurse will be motivated, hard-working, driven and will be a good team player
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
You will receive a monthly food allowance of around 200 Rand per week and will receive free accommodation
Term of Appointment:
Minimum of 1 year with 1 months probationary period
Jolanda de Bruijn
Plot 20, Boundary Road
Kromdraai PO BOX 0120
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at