ATTENTION: This job expired Feb. 17, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Long term Vet nurse
International Primate Rescue
• Daily monitoring of all primates
• Management of any health issues (medications, additional feeding etc)
• Observations, if necessary
• Record keeping
• Research, if necessary
• Accompany primates to the vet
• Vaccinations & de-worming of all primates
• Management of a diabetic Mona monkey including insulin injections twice daily, glucose curves & diet monitoring
• All long term volunteers are required to do morning feeds and evening wash up (on a rota basis)
• From time to time, when the sanctuary is under pressure (new arrivals etc), you may be asked to do other duties if it does not interfere with the duties outlined above
All applicants are required to have a qualification in Veterinary nursing and must be able to provide at least two references, along with a copy of their academic certificate.
Our Vet nurse will be motivated,, hard-working, driven and will be a good team player
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
You will receive a monthly food allowance of around 1000 Rand per month and will recieve free accommodation
Term of Appointment:
Minimum of 1 year with 1 months probationary period
Plot 20, Boundary Road
Kromdraai PO BOX 210
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Ray Hamel at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 263-3512.