ATTENTION: This job expired Feb. 11, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Volunteer Coordinator and Admin
International Primate Rescue
• Prepare for volunteer arrivals (arrange for the bed to be made, plus welcome package)
• Show around (on arrival of a new volunteer, to introduce him/her to the primates, explain procedures etc)
• Help the volunteer with paper work on arrival – Indemnity Form, Medical Form, Code of Conduct.
• In conjunction with the long term primate carers, work out a weekly schedule for volunteer duties
• Supervise short term volunteer duties, ie enrichment, minor enclosure repairs, maintenance, cleaning etc
• Be available to answer volunteer queries etc
• Prepare leaving package
• All long term volunteers are required to do morning feeds and evening wash up (on a rota basis)
• From time to time, when the sanctuary is under pressure (new arrivals etc), you may be asked to do other duties if it does not interfere with the duties outlined above
The volunteer coordinator is also responsible for the care of two Grey Mouse Lemurs.
No qualifications are required but all candidates must have a keen interest in animal care and welfare and must be hard-working, motivated and a positive team player.
Voluntary - A food allowance is included (monthly), along with free accomodation.
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
A food allowance is included (monthly), along with free accomodation.
We are currently seeking a volunteer coordinator to start in December 2012
Plot 20, Boundary Road
Kromdraai PO BOX 0210
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Ray Hamel at
email@example.com or (608) 263-3512.