ATTENTION: This job expired Mar. 19, 2013 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Social Media Coordinator
Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary
Do you care about animals AND aspire to a career in social networking? We can't offer you big bucks, but we can offer an opportunity to demonstrate your talent and build the experience and successful track record you need to advance your social marketing career.
Jungle Friends is a small non-profit primate sanctuary with a national support base. We are looking for the right person to translate our mission and core values into ideas and executable plans to engage online audiences in the social media space, and produce measurable results in expanding our community and support base.
• Extensive experience with social media networking from a business or marketing perspective as well as personal use.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Participate in special projects such as creating newsletters, email campaigns, researching and writing grants, and organizing special events.
• Ability to translate the day-to-day realities and issues of our organization into engaging stories and effective campaigns to engage and expand our online community and support base.
• Day-to-day social networking tasks; posting, managing friends, creating content, Wishes & Causes, engaging others with photos, videos and comments using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogger, LinkedIn, BranchOut, Flickr, and more.
• Create and edit video files and upload to YouTube–-we use Adobe Premiere Pro & Photo Shop.
• Maintain and update the Jungle Friends website with some knowledge of HTML coding.
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Live off site or on site, on site internship fees are $75 per week for room and board.
Term of Appointment:
8 weeks - 1 year
13915 N State Road 121
GAINESVILLE, FL 32653
386-462-7779 or 386-418-0808
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at