ATTENTION: This job expired Jul. 20, 2015 and is no longer linked from the job list.
If you are the job poster and would like to renew the listing, please
access it through "My Job Listings" (available when logged in only).
Volunteer at the Lwiro Primate Sanctuary in DRC
Centre de Rehabilitation des Primates de Lwiro (CRPL)
The Centre de Rehabilitation des Primates de Lwiro in Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa, seeks volunteers. Under the direction of a Project Manager, volunteers are responsible for carrying out day-to-day operations of the sanctuary. Tasks include working with Congolese staff (who speak French), cleaning, food preparation, helping with chimpanzee care and feeding, maintaining equipment, assisting with construction projects, painting, and other manual tasks.
Volunteers pitch in wherever most needed, though efforts are made to match individuals with their specific talents and skills.
Also, the managing partner of CRPL, Coopera NGO, have several human development projects which you may be included in during your stay.
- Please note: CRPL does not provide internships or research opportunities.
- Some French language is a plus
- Experience living in a developing country, preferably Africa is a plus
- Previous experience working with chimpanzees or great apes is a plus
- 25 years old minimum
provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Volunteer must pay for all expenses including flights, visas and travel. Accomodation and meals will have a cost of 500 euros per month.
Term of Appointment:
from 3 to 6 months (1 month is available for an extra cost)
- Please note that Democratic Republic of Congo is classified as a post war zone, specifically the South and North Kivu provinces. Before applying, be informed about the political situation.
Questions and Comments
Questions about a specific job listing should be directed to the
contact person listed for that job. Questions and comments about using
the Primate-Jobs web site can be directed to Joe Kemnitz at